Upon the first burn, trim wick to 7mm (1/4") and allow the candle to burn until the melt pool reaches the edge of the vessel. (usually 4-5 hours). Wax has "memory" so the first burn will influence how it burns for the remainder of its life.
By allowing your candle to obtain a "memory burn" you are increasing the burn time of your candle and allowing the melt pool to reach the edges increases its scent throw. Additionally, at each lighting you should trim the wick to 7mm. For best results, please use your candle following the instructions in the candle care guide that takes place with every order.
You can find these safety instructions below:
1. Burn within sight and do not leave unattended
2. Always trim wick 7mm before candle is relit
3. Do not burn a candle longer than 5 hours
4. Always burn your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface
5. Stop burning candle when 10mm of unmelted wax remains on the bottom of the vessel. This can cause the vessel to become too hot, crack or shatter.
6. Avoid burning candles near open windows, vents, fans or flammable materials
7. Keep away from children and animals.
8. Do not use water to extinguish a candle
9. Never move a burning candle, ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and vessel is cold before handling.
10. Ensure that the wax pool is clear of matches, wick trimmings and other debris.
11. Do not allow flame to come in contact with the side of the glass
12. Do not use if the vessel is cracked, chipped or broken in any way.
Please respect the flame.